Good Life, Imperfect Beings


I'm not in the entirety of it perfect, I know this and I understand that expecting others to understand this is part of my imperfections. It's a bit too hard for me to come to terms with it. I get upset when someone acts shocked or conclusively disagrees with an imperfect perspective without giving it a chance to grow on them.

I don't expect perfection from myself. I like to think that I don't expect perfection from others. Ironically, expecting everyone to "live and let live" is, although cute, slightly intolerant and reeks of imperfection beneath the fragrance of that mantra. Sadly, this seems to be a hard task for everyone. Even myself, as I haven't come to accept the fact that not everyone will live by that mantra. Not everyone will mind their own business. Not everyone removes the log in their eye before pulling the speck in another brother's and expecting everyone I meet to live by this is me, in a subtle way, forcing life to conform to my standards. Like who am I to do that, right?

Life shouldn't be about perfection. It should be about living. It should be about growth. And forcing it to go my way is me stifling life and robbing it of expression which it fully deserves while robbing myself also, of energy needed to work on my own growth. So I'm going to grow, and stop expecting perfection from life, since I'm also not perfect. So who am I to dictate what a perfect outcome would be or what a perfect behaviour would be? So that fellow who rudely jumped-on my track this morning was doing exactly what he should do or not, and growth is me not giving it a second of thought, same for that lady, who felt entitled to my gentlemanly gesture without a hint of acknowledgement...that's fine too. Not perfect, but fine. We live in a fine world with many fine people. There can be no perfect world with perfect people, else there'll be no room for growth - and hence, no more room for life. We're a curious case of imperfection.

I know I'm not perfect and while I permit myself to not be perfect, I also permit myself to grow beyond my current imperfections and seek for newer ones to enrich a not-so-perfect life. Life is a series of imperfect events and growth is a series of imperfect states. I permit life to be good. Not perfect, but good and ultimately, all good things must come to an end.

~~


Comments